MINOR PAINT CORRECTION DETAILING IN CORNWALL
MINOR PAINT CORRECTION PACKAGE
The most popular of Black Diamond Detailing’s services is our Minor Paint Correction package.
The Minor Paint Correction Detail aims to restore and improve paintwork by means of 2 stages of machine polishing. Swirls, heavy wash marring, oxidised, and dull and hazy paintwork that has been compromised over the years by inadequate washing methods, harsh chemicals, and improper contact with the vehicle’s paintwork are removed with this package.
1. Full exterior wash, starting with the wheels and wheel arches. Then moving on using a citrus pre-cleaner and snow foam pre-wash, followed by a 2 bucket safe hand wash of the vehicle.
2. Chemical and mechanical decantamination then happens, this is by use of our Tar & Glue Remover, and a Fall Out Remover after and rinsed back down. The vehicle is then gone over with a clay bar to remove any other bonded contamination that may still be on the vehicle after the chemical decon steps, and is then rewashed, rinsed and dried thoroughly to make sure no remaining chemicals are left on any surfaces.
3. The vehicle is then masked to ensure any sensitive areas (like rubber seals, plastic trims etc) are protected from damage due to machine polishing.
4. Test spots are carried out to find which compounds and polishing pad pairs will provide us with the best result for both stages of our machine polishing processes.
5. A 2 stage paint correction process is carried out to remove medium to light scratches, swirls, and other light paint defects using the selected 2 compounds and pads from our previous test patches to reach the desired results.
6. The vehicle is then protected using a wax, sealant or ceramic/nano-coating of choice. This can be selected from our wide range of options depending on the desired result of durability or gloss.
7.All finishing touches are then carried out, for example; all glass areas cleaned, trims dressed, all tires dressed, and then all exterior metal surfaces treated.
Duration: Minimum of 3 days required, dependent on vehicle size and condition.
A free assessment of the vehicle is required before an accurate quote can be given. Please call/email us to book in for a free no obligation assessment.
If you’d like more information or to book this service, please contact us to arrange a quotation.
Each vehicle is individually assessed and pricing will vary depending on vehicle size and condition – heavily pitted, soiled, badly scratched etc.
PAINT CORRECTION BENEFITS
Why should I correct my vehicles paintwork?
We can successfully remove any swirls and scratches that have accumulated over time.
Make your vehicle stand out from the crowd! Restoring the shine to a like-new condition!
Due to the enivorment paintwork can become dull over time, paint correction can fix this.
For years to come, quality control will help to keep the better-than-new finish.
WHAT IS PAINT CORRECTION?
Paint correction is a concept that both experienced car detailers and car cleaning enthusiasts use all over the world. It refers to the method of repairing and rejuvenating a vehicle’s paintwork.
To effectively remove imperfections within the surface of the vehicle’s paintwork/clear coat, machine polishers (rotary or dual action) are almost always used. By reflecting light in various directions, these surface imperfections can dull, oxidize, or haze the surface, resulting in a loss of colour, depth, and gloss.
Swirl marks caused by inadequate wash technique, light scratches, etching from bird droppings and chemicals such as acid rain, holograms and buffer trails caused by incorrect machine polishing techniques, and random isolated deep scratches are all examples of these flaws.
While we provide three levels of paint correction, and service receives the same degree of care and attention.
Here’s what’s included as standard.
Full exterior clean and decontamination
Paintwork protection applied
Glass clean inside and out
Exterior trim and tyre dressings applied
“Amazing work done on my vehicle. Got the gloss enhancement package and very happy with the results
Definitely recommend. Lawrence is a guy that knows what hes talking about and achieves great results“
“ Amazed at how well Lawrence has my Avant looking, without any machine polishing ect. Fantastic service and a great eye for detail, wouldn’t hesitate to recommend black diamond detailing to anyone! Thanks, Lawrence“
“Super impressed with Black Diamond Detailing & Valeting who sorted my salty sandy doggy car out for me last week. Amazing value for money and incredibly conscientious job! Thank you, Lawrence you star!!!“
Full Service Detailing Cornwall
Call us today